Casino Crime Round Up: Oklahoma Casino Alleged Shooter in Jail

Estimated read time 4 min read

The suspect accused in the weekend shooting of a man at Tulsa, Oklahoma’s Osage Casino Hotel is now behind bars.

Jonathan Shane Ford in a mug shot, pictured above. He was arrested following a casino shooting. (Image: KRMG)

Jonathan Shane Ford, 25, of Ponca City, Okla., was spotted Monday in a vehicle while on a local street in Tulsa, Okla. Officers assigned to the U.S. Marshals Northern Oklahoma Violent Crimes Task Force and Tulsa County deputies stopped the SUV and apprehended Ford.

During a search, authorities found a firearm, according to Tulsa TV station KOKI.

Immediately after his arrest, officers took Ford to OSU Medical Center in Tulsa. It’s unclear if he was injured during the apprehension or suffered from an ailment.

Ford faces numerous charges. They include shooting with intent to kill, assault with a deadly weapon, possession of a firearm after former conviction of a felony, threatening an act of violence, and malicious injury of property.

The shooting took place at about 2 p.m. Saturday in the Osage casino’s parking lot. The victim was hospitalized after suffering a leg wound. But the wounded man is expected to recover, according to police.

Following the gunfire, Ford fled from the parking lot in a 2014 Dodge Journey. The SUV had Ponca Nation tags, Kay News Cow, a local news outlet, reported.

Within about two hours, Osage Nation Police identified Ford as the suspect in the shooting. Two hours later, Ponca City police searched Ford’s apartment. But he wasn’t home.

Oklahoma authorities continued to search for Ford over the weekend. He was described in media reports as being armed and dangerous. Later on Monday, he was located driving in Tulsa.

It was unclear what circumstances led to the shooting. No one else was wounded by the gunfire.

Accused Casino Robber Punches Inmate

Chase Aaron Henderson admitted on Tuesday that he assaulted another prisoner while the two were incarcerated in a Nevada jail, according to a news report.

The attack took place on New Year’s Eve. If convicted for the assault, Henderson, 34, who also allegedly robbed a casino, could be sentenced to as much as six years behind bars just for the inmate attack.

Henderson agreed to a plea deal where a drug possession charge was dropped, according to The Record-Courier, a Nevada news outlet.

The victim, Jessie James Avalos, apparently recovered from his injuries.

Henderson is one of two men accused of robbing the COD Casino in Minden, Nev. on July 14, 2023. He and defendant Andrew Scott Toomey are scheduled to stand trial in September for the casino robbery.

Henderson is in custody on more than $3M bail. He remains charged with attempted murder, assault on a police officer with a deadly weapon, and kidnapping charges.

Toomey is also in custody with his bail set at $1.67M.

Authorities said the two men forced casino employees and patrons into a locked room. The two stole about $40K from the gaming property.

They then fled from the crime scene. But minutes later, a Douglas County deputy spotted the get-away car.

Henderson pulled out a firearm and shot at the deputy’s vehicle three times, according to testimony presented during December’s preliminary hearing in the case.

The two suspects jumped out of the car. A short time later, they were found by deputies. Both were apprehended and booked at the Douglas County Jail in Minden.

The deputy whose vehicle was shot at escaped injury.

It turns out both defendants previously have been convicted of crimes, according to The Record Courier.

Henderson was out of prison for just four months when the casino robbery took place, the report said. Toomey also was on parole.

The post Casino Crime Round Up: Oklahoma Casino Alleged Shooter in Jail appeared first on Casino.org.

 

​Casino.org

Read More

You May Also Like