Donald Trump Wins Huge Support From Republican Jewish Coalition

Estimated read time 3 min read

Former U.S. president and ex-casino magnate Donald Trump has significantly fewer campaign dollars in his 2024 war chest than his Democratic opponent Joe Biden, but a powerful group of Republican Jewish donors seek to change that reality.

Donald Trump has secured the financial backing of the Republican Jewish Coalition, which has pledged to commit over $5 million to his 2024 campaign. The RJC has long been supported by the Adelson family, which amassed tens of billions of dollars through the Las Vegas Sands casino empire. (Image: Bloomberg)

The Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC) works to strengthen ties between the Jewish community and GOP decision-makers. The nonprofit additionally focuses on improving relations between the U.S. and Israeli governments.

With unrest on college campuses and in major cities across the country regarding the Israeli war with Hamas in Gaza, with protests focusing on freeing Palestine, the RJC says it’s “more energized than ever” to support Trump’s candidacy for the White House.

RJC officials last week pledged to contribute a minimum of $5 million to the 45th president’s reelection cause. The donation is in addition to the organization’s $15 million bankroll it will disperse to GOP candidates and Trump during the 2024 elections.

As antisemitism spikes to record highs and America’s relationship with our ally Israel continues to reach new lows, the Jewish community is more energized than ever to turn the page from the failures, broken promises, and betrayals by Joe Biden. November 5 cannot come soon enough,” RJC Political Director Sam Markstein told Fox News.

The RJC was founded in 1985 as the National Jewish Coalition. The organization is based in Washington, D.C.

Casino Leadership

The RJC became extraordinarily powerful in the political lobbying world partially because of Sheldon Adelson, the late founder of the Las Vegas Sands casino empire. Adelson, who died in January 2021 at the age of 87, sat on the RJC board for many years and remains listed as a board member with the Hebrew phrase z”l listed next to his name to honor his memory.

Adelson poured many millions of dollars into the RJC’s super political action committee RJC Victory Fund. Adelson and his wife, Dr. Miriam Adelson, also gave over $200 million to Trump’s 2016 and 2020 White House campaigns.

Adelson’s widow has been quiet on the political spending front over the past two years. But she’s expected to support her longtime friend who bestowed her with the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2018 for her philanthropic and humanitarian work.

During his presidency, Trump appeased one of the Adelsons’ greatest wishes in relocating the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The Adelsons sat front and center and the ceremonial opening of the embassy on May 14, 2018.

Trump Betting Favorite

The Israel-Hamas conflict is causing a divide within the Democratic party and presumably improving Trump’s 2024 odds. Paired with the Biden administration’s unrelenting financial support of Ukraine in its war against Russia and the ongoing high costs of living in the states because of inflation, many believe change at the White House is needed.

The Real Clear Politics polling average suggests Trump has a 0.9-point advantage over Biden. Trump also maintains polling leads in the key battleground states of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

UK oddsmakers that can take bets on the 2024 outcome think Trump will win, too. Bookmaker William Hill has Trump at -120 (implied odds of 55%) to Biden at +120 (implied odds of 45%).

The post Donald Trump Wins Huge Support From Republican Jewish Coalition appeared first on Casino.org.

 

​Casino.org

Read More

You May Also Like