Montana Casino Violent Stabbing Leads to Arrest

Estimated read time 3 min read

A man was apprehended on Thursday for a slashing that took place earlier this month at a Montana gaming property.

A Great Falls Police Department SUV, pictured above. A stabbing took place there. (Image:

The suspect, Trevor Leonard Johnson, was charged with assault with a weapon for the March 18 attack. It took place outside of the Ike and Susan’s Lounge & Casino in Great Falls.

The incident began as Johnson, and the unnamed victim, who was identified as one of his friends, were talking extensively that night.

When the casino bar closed, the victim left the complex and went inside a parked vehicle at the lot.

For an uncertain reason, the victim exited the car, and once outside, he punched Johnson in the head, police said.

In response, Johnson grabbed a black switchblade from one of his pockets. He used the knife to stab the victim at least two times in the stomach and arm.

Johnson initially fled from the crime scene. A short time later, he returned and was overheard saying, “It was me. I did it,”, a regional news site, reported.

After the slashing, officers arrested Johnson. He was taken to the Great Falls Police Department (GFPD).

After cops heard Johnson’s version of events, a GFPD officer watched video of the fight that had been captured on the casino’s surveillance cameras.

Victim Suffered Wounds

The victim was rushed to a local hospital. Doctors treated his multiple wounds and internal organs that had protruded from his stomach, according to

In addition, hospital physicians treated the victim for a stab wound on his arm and a large cut on his stomach, authorities said.

Police did not have an updated condition on the victim. It’s unclear if he has been released from the hospital.

Judge Ruled on Probable Cause

Following his arrest, Johnson appeared in Cascade County court. A judge continued the case after he ruled there was probable cause that Johnson committed the crime.

The judge also set Johnson’s bail at $10K. He additionally ordered Johnson not to come within 1,500 feet of the victim.

Johnson has yet to enter a plea on the charge.

It was not clear why the victim and Johnson ever got into the struggle.

If convicted, Johnson could face up to 20 years behind bars. He also could be fined as much as $50K.

No word if Johnson was injured during the confrontation.

The post Montana Casino Violent Stabbing Leads to Arrest appeared first on



Read More

You May Also Like