Even before Chef Min Kim came to Wynn Las Vegas in 2015, he was a culinary superstar. The former executive chef at Mizumi at Wynn Palace in Macau previously helmed the Michelin-starred Narisawa in Tokyo and the Michelin-starred Ryugin.
Chef Min Kin, seen in the kitchen above, was a rising culinary superstar. (Image: Wynn Las Vegas)
So why would Wynn remodel and reopen its popular Mizumi Japanese restaurant to Kim’s exacting specifications and reopen it without Kim?
It turns out Kim quietly exited the restaurant in September after closing Min’s Test Kitchen, a pop-up concept designed to bide time during the renovation.
The reason his exit was quiet is a matter of speculation. A spokesperson for the Wynn said that Kim “resigned from the company in September after Min’s Test Kitchen to pursue another opportunity.”
However, Casino.org’s own Vital Vegas blogger Scott Roeben set kitchens up and down the Strip ablaze this week when he reported that Kim was shown the door following allegations of sexual harassment.
Wynn said a new executive chef would be announced in the coming weeks.
Mike Rizzo is burning the wood-fired flame for his father on the East Side. (Image: whatnowvegas.com)
DINING INS & OUTS
Las Vegas’s first drive-thru Shake Shack will open on Dec. 14 at 1830 W. Craig Road in North Las Vegas. The chain operates six regional Shake Shack locations, but all are dine-in only.
Half Bird Chicken & Beer has closed its doors in Chinatown. Before the closure, however, owner/chef Brian Howard got another location up and running at 725 S. Green Valley Parkway in Henderson.
RizRizzo’szzeria & Grill, a beloved slice of Vegas nostalgia from the ’70’70ss being resurrected at 5821 E. Charleston Blvd. by owner/chef Mike Rizzo as a tribute to his pop, who owned the original Rizzo’s.
The post VEGAS RESTAURANT ROUNDUP: Why Did the Wynn Reopen Mizumi Without its Star Chef? appeared first on Casino.org.